By Fabulously Sweet
This is one of those superb “melt in your mouth” types of shortbread that can be used
for any occasion: kids lunches, that Monday morning or afternoon tea, Christmas gifts…
350 g Butter (softened)
150 g Icing sugar (sifted)
375 g Plain flour
125 g Custard powder
- Cream icing sugar and butter, until creamy.
- Sift: plain flour, custard powder, salt – then gradually add to creamed butter.
- Flour bench and roll out dough (1.5cm thick), cut shapes with biscuit cutter. Prick with fork.
- Bake 150 Celsius (fan forced 120 celsius) for 30 minutes or until pale golden colour.
- Dust in icing sugar before completely cooled
- Add in a stunning pattern with a cookie cutter or stamp when cutting your shortbread before baking.
- Add sparkly silver balls in a pretty pattern
And for that special sweet touch… slice a glazed cherry into quarters and put on top before baking.