Quick Easy Stir Fry
by Fabulously Sweet
Enjoy this hearty winter stir fry that’s very fast to prepare on any winters afternoon.
It can quickly be prepared for two, four or six people by modifying your vegetables and noodles.
PLUS its technically a low fat meal cooked in a very healthy way (starting with water rather then oil).
- Ribbon rice noodles
- A small to large packet of firm tofu (depending on how many people)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Tamari to taste
- Small amount of oil (approx 1 dessert spoon)
- Water for cooking
- Chopped vegetables (any variety) I used :
– Red pepper
– Snow peas
– Brussels sprouts
- Begin by adding the Rice Noodles to a container and cover them with boiling water to soften them (and put aside).
- Chop a small to large packet of firm tofu (depending on how many people)
- Chop any variety vegetables you choose (see mine above)
- Heat approximately 2 Tbs water in a wok or fry pan with 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- When it starts to simmer add all the vegetables and cover with a lid.
- After 2 minutes stir and drizzle with a teaspoon of oil, then replace lid.
- After another minute or so sprinkle with tamari and stir to evaporate any liquid.
- Drain the rice noodles in a sieve and rinse with water (this removes the starch)
- Add rice noodles to stir fry and mix through.
FINALLY, Serve hot straight out of the pan…
- Swap out tofu for chickpeas
- Add tempeh instead of tofu
- And for that touch of Sweet… feel free to add sultanas during the cooking process
or add pomegranate or pink grape fruits before serving.