80’s – the Brahma Kumaris initiated various outreach projects including The Million Minutes of Peace Appeal, and Global Cooperation for a Better World.
90’s — the Brahma Kumaris participated in most UN world conferences which included conferences and summits on Ageing, Sustainable Development, The Earth Summit, Information Society, Women, Civil Society, Decent Work, Human Rights, Social Development, Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and related Intolerance, Human Settlements, Religious and Spiritual Leaders, Health and Youth.
2000 – the Brahma Kumaris focused on the Millennium Development Goals
2010 — the Brahma Kumaris’ focus on the Environment and participated in:
United Nations Framework Conference on Climate Change (UNFCCC):
Sessions attended, written statements, parallel events, exhibitions
• COP 16 (United Nations Conference of Parties), November/ December, 2010 Cancun, Mexico
• COP 17, November/December, 2011 Durban, South Africa
• COP18, November/December, 2012, Doha, Qatar.
• Attended regional preparations for Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia Pacific Region, Africa Region and partners and Europe
• Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development, 20-22 June, 2012, Rio, Brazil – written statement, parallel events, exhibits.
• Rio+20 People’s Summit, 15-23 June, 2012, Rio, Brazil, workshops, exhibits.
Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity
• COP 11 October 2012, Convention on Biological Diversity, Hyderabad, India
• COP 19, November 2013, Warsaw, Poland.
• The 9th Global Climate Conference of Youth (COY 9) November, 2013, Warsaw, Poland.
UN Conference on Sustainable Development (RIO+20)
• COP12, October 2014, Pyeongchang, Convention on Biological Diversity, Republic of Korea
• COP 20 December, Lima, Peru
• COP 21 November/December 2015, Paris, France
• COP 23, November 2017, Bonn, Germany