Coconut Polenta Pudding
Very rich, very filling, VERY yummy and very easy to make.
4 cups milk (half coconut cream + half water)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup polenta
1/4 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp coconut essence
If baking, can add the following additions:
1 Large Apple
1 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
3 tsp Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Prepare 20cm tin. Heat milk, sugar and rind in a saucepan.
- Bring almost to the boil, remove from heat and whisk in polenta and add raisins and walnuts.
- Return to heat, lower heat and continue to stir until thickens, add coconut essence (1/4 tsp, optional), and vanilla essence.
- Then, spoon into tin, top with sliced apple, pour over syrup. Sprinkle over extra sugar (optional), sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake in moderate oven for 35 minutes, or until apple is tender.
Spoon into dessert bowl, sprinkle with coconut and add a piece of fruit.