Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Simple chocolatey goodness!
Makes 16 yummy pieces
½ cup plain flour (all-purpose flour, white flour or maida), sifted
½ cup walnuts, chopped (you can replace with other nuts, choco chips of your choice)
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup silken/smooth tofu, pureed
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup fine sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 180° celsius for 10 minutes
- In a bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa powder with a metal whisk until cocoa powder is thoroughly mixed.
- Add sugar and whisk for one minute, you’ll notice the mixture becoming dry and difficult to handle.
- Add pureed silken tofu, vanilla, salt and whisk well to achieve a runny texture.
- Lastly add sifted flour and walnuts and mix well until no more dry flour can be seen
- Line an 8×8 inch tray with non-stick baking paper and pour brownie batter into tray.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven at 180° celsius for 25 minutes. Do a poke test with a fork/sharp knife/toothpick in the middle of brownie to see if dry crumbs appear. If they do, it’s done! If wet mixture comes out return to bake for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow brownie to cool down completely in tray before cutting into pieces for a clean cut.
Please refer to pictures below to guide you:
Add cocoa powder to melted butter
Mixing: Just after the pureed silken tofu
Flour and walnuts added to the mixture
Thick sticky texture of brownie mix after all ingredients is mixed well
Baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper
Evenly spread brownie mix
Place in middle shelf of oven
Hmmm…enjoy with vanilla ice-cream! 🙂