Chocolate Chia Brownies
A welcome addition for any Monday morning tea break…
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 cup raw almonds
1 ½ cups pitted dates
1/3 cup cacao powder
½ tsp pure vanilla
¼ tsp almond extract
- In a food processor pulse the almonds a couple of times, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the dates and process until a paste forms.
- Add the nuts and remaining ingredients in, process until mixed.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with plastic wrap, place the mixture into a tray and flatten until even, press down firmly.
- Cover and refrigerate till cold, cut into squares and store.
Garnish with icing sugar, a sprig of mint and raspberries and Serve