Curried Tofu Squares
Tired of making the same tofu dish? Here is something different...
14 oz firm tofu, washed and excess liquid drained
3 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon curry powder (contains : coriander, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, red chili black pepper, star anise and fennel seed, however you can replace with garam masala powder also)
½ teaspoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
1) Wash tofu. Wrap tofu in kitchen towel tissues and then a further layer of newspaper to absorb the excess water. Place some weight on the wrapped tofu and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2) Cut tofu pieces into desired squares and transfer to a bowl.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to cover the curry paste evenly over tofu. Leave it to marinate for 10 minutes in the fridge.
4) Prepare a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper or non-stick baking sheet and spread out tofu pieces on tray. If any excess marinate remains in bowl, pour it over tofu as well.
5) Place tray in middle shelf of oven and bake at 220o Celsius for 15 minutes, turn pieces and return to bake for another 10 minutes.
Please refer to pictures below to guide you:
Tofu places on a double layer kitchen towel tissues with newspaper underneath
Tofu first wrapped with towel tissues
Tofu then wrapped with double layer of newspaper
Weight placed on tofu to drain out excess water
Cut tofu into squares or as desired
Tofu pieces marinated evenly with seasonings
Pieces of tofu spread out evenly to form a single layer on baking tray with non-stick baking paper
Tofu squares ready to munch!