Tomato Cheese Cream Pasta
Feel like a creamy italian meal?
Serves 4 - 6
300 grams fusilli pasta (or any other pasta)
1 cup dry soya protein chunks (aka TVP, TSP, Vegepro, Mealmaker), soaked in warm water to soften.
1 medium green capsicum (aka green pepper, bell pepper), diced into cubes
1 medium carrot, cut into semi circle slices
200 grams button mushrooms (fresh or canned), sliced
250 grams cabbage, chopped coarsely
3 heaped tablespoons concentrated tomato puree/paste
¼ teaspoon hing (aka asafoetida)
2 ½ tablespoon oil or butter
1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram etc)
½ teaspoon crushed/powdered white peppercorn or black peppercorn
60 – 100 grams cream cheese/milk cream (if you like it rich, then go for 100grams)
Salt to taste
1) In a pot, bring 1.5 liters of water to boil and cook pasta as per instructions on the packet (usually about 8-10 minutes). You may want to add ½ tablespoon of oil & salt to the boil or you can boil it plain. Once cooked, drain and keep aside.
2) In another pan, heat the rest of the oil/butter, add hing, tomato puree/paste and fry tomato paste thoroughly until oil appears to be accumulating on top of ingredients.
3) Add carrots, cabbage and stir fry till half cooked. Add mushrooms and capsicum and fry for 1 minute.
4) Add Italian herbs and crushed white pepper. Squeeze water out of soaked soya protein chunks & add to pan. Mix well for 2 minutes
5) Add cooked pasta, cream cheese and salt as per your taste and stir fry until it’s evenly mixed and enjoy the meal with love!
Please refer to pictures below to guide you:
Small sized soy protein chunks soaking in warm water
Dried fusilli pasta
Transformation: cooked fusilli pasta
Oil, hing (foaming) & tomato paste
Sliced button mushrooms & carrots diced capsicum and chopped cabbage!
Vegetables & seasonings all mixed well
Pasta added to the mix! stir it up!
Sit back, relax and enjoy your pasta!