Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Simple chocolatey goodness!
Makes 16 yummy pieces
½ cup plain flour (all-purpose flour, white flour or maida), sifted
½ cup walnuts, chopped (you can replace with other nuts, choco chips of your choice)
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup silken/smooth tofu, pureed
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup fine sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven at 180° celsius for 10 minutes
2) In a bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa powder with a metal whisk until cocoa powder is thoroughly mixed.
3) Add sugar and whisk for one minute, you’ll notice the mixture becoming dry and difficult to handle.
4) Add pureed silken tofu, vanilla, salt and whisk well to achieve a runny texture.
5) Lastly add sifted flour and walnuts and mix well until no more dry flour can be seen
6) Line an 8x8 inch tray with non-stick baking paper and pour brownie batter into tray.
7) Bake in the middle shelf of the oven at 180° celsius for 25 minutes. Do a poke test with a fork/sharp knife/toothpick in the middle of brownie to see if dry crumbs appear. If they do, it’s done! If wet mixture comes out return to bake for 5-10 minutes.
8) Allow brownie to cool down completely in tray before cutting into pieces for a clean cut.
Please refer to pictures below to guide you:
Add cocoa powder to melted butter
Mixing: Just after the pureed silken tofu
Flour and walnuts added to the mixture
Thick sticky texture of brownie mix after all ingredients is mixed well
Baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper
Evenly spread brownie mix
Place in middle shelf of oven